Friday, March 28, 2008

The Feng Shui of Rondevals



Friday

I wanted to see how this Internet connection will work here at the Gaborone Sun, where I am going to have drinks soon with Blessing from the media studies department. Here are the traditional houses of Botswana. One is at the national museum. One is at Puni's aunt's house in Moshupa. People keep them on the grounds as "a museum" to how they first lived, Puni said. At least that's the case with her aunt, who now has a larger peach colored rectangular house complete with a big TV and stereo We stopped in last Saturday to say hello. It's very much the tradition here to pay respects to the elders. The shocking thing is Puni called herself an elder the other day, and she's 46! aieyeh!

No comments:

A magical flower

A magical flower
The guide squeezes this flower and it squirts water like a water pistol

Cathy and Joe Wanzala

Cathy and Joe Wanzala
They couldn't wait to paste the Obama sticker on their car

My main man

My main man
Ernest is my trusty cab driver who blasts music as we make our way through Gabs

Ted Thomas, man of intrigue and style

Ted Thomas, man of intrigue and style
My friend, Ted, and his wife, Mary Ann, hosted a Safari Send-Off for me in Austin and treated me to a special mix of African music that already a UB student and a professor want to download.