Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What I did on my career break....




By popular demand I am going to provide you with first a photo of my roommate in my staff room at Savute Marsh, second a black mamba found on the lawn (one of six I saw in 3 weeks) and third a picture that one must say "doesn't belong." Those cuties I saw at Camp Moremi two weekends ago.

I am already missing the remote bush life, but I am settling into my little cottage on the Boro River. I heard the screeeeeech of a resident barn owl last night and the pitter patter on the roof of what we would fondly call "tree mice," when in fact they might be rats. I'd rather not know....If you have never seen a barn owl, it's worth looking it up. I saw one that was sitting in a tree at Savute Lodge, and it was one of my most memorable moments. What a gorgeous creature!

No comments:

A magical flower

A magical flower
The guide squeezes this flower and it squirts water like a water pistol

Cathy and Joe Wanzala

Cathy and Joe Wanzala
They couldn't wait to paste the Obama sticker on their car

My main man

My main man
Ernest is my trusty cab driver who blasts music as we make our way through Gabs

Ted Thomas, man of intrigue and style

Ted Thomas, man of intrigue and style
My friend, Ted, and his wife, Mary Ann, hosted a Safari Send-Off for me in Austin and treated me to a special mix of African music that already a UB student and a professor want to download.