Wednesday, July 2, 2008

She can dance but don't let her sing....





It is an interminable process to try to get photos uploaded on this blog. I'd like to show you more, but the clock and the pula tick away while I wait. But I wanted to show you some photos of one of my going-away moments: one with the staff choir at Camp Okavango. They sent me off with a rousing rendition of "Mma Pula naledi," which I was told meant that Ms. Rain (my nickname translated from Mma Pula) is a shining star." Another is on a boat from Xugana Island Lodge going back to Camp Okavango to pick up a staff member. The tent is my home at Camp Okavango. The other is Pilot One, my side of a little building near the office. I lived there. A lesser-tailed swallow built a nest right above my door, and I visited her every morning.

No comments:

A magical flower

A magical flower
The guide squeezes this flower and it squirts water like a water pistol

Cathy and Joe Wanzala

Cathy and Joe Wanzala
They couldn't wait to paste the Obama sticker on their car

My main man

My main man
Ernest is my trusty cab driver who blasts music as we make our way through Gabs

Ted Thomas, man of intrigue and style

Ted Thomas, man of intrigue and style
My friend, Ted, and his wife, Mary Ann, hosted a Safari Send-Off for me in Austin and treated me to a special mix of African music that already a UB student and a professor want to download.