Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Duty calls

News flash:
I'm headed in an hour or so to the bush. An assistant manager at Savute needs to go to a funeral and I was called by the head of HR to see if I want to go in as a relief manager in his place for a few days. Does a leopard have spots? Does an elephant have tusks? My backpack is packed and I am ready to board that plane to the bush.

HR Director said there's LOTS of predator activity at the camp.
I'll report early next week on whether a leopard or a lion was afoot. And if it's afoot, it will be a lot like me. I'm still hoofin' it. But I've got a line on a little Isuzu truck....

No comments:

A magical flower

A magical flower
The guide squeezes this flower and it squirts water like a water pistol

Cathy and Joe Wanzala

Cathy and Joe Wanzala
They couldn't wait to paste the Obama sticker on their car

My main man

My main man
Ernest is my trusty cab driver who blasts music as we make our way through Gabs

Ted Thomas, man of intrigue and style

Ted Thomas, man of intrigue and style
My friend, Ted, and his wife, Mary Ann, hosted a Safari Send-Off for me in Austin and treated me to a special mix of African music that already a UB student and a professor want to download.